When the kids were attending public school it was so easy to put money on their lunch accounts each week and send them off! Now, that the kids are home and I am no longer working, I have had to come up with easy yet filling meal options. All the while keeping in mind general dislikes and likes of the family. It was not easy at first to come up with lunch and breakfast ideas but with tips I got from other moms and things I remembered from my childhood I was able to make it work.
We like to keep breakfast and lunch very simple. I scoured the web for easy lunch ideas but everything involved cooking or meals with too many ingredients. I came up with this standard menu but we try to switch it up.
Here are some things we do for breakfast and lunch:
- Monday – Breakfast Tacos
- Tuesday – Oatmeal (whatever toppings or mix-ins)
- Wednesday – Eggs, Black Beans and Fried Plantains
- Thursday – Bagel with Cream Cheese and Yogurt
- Friday – Eggs and Bacon with Toast
- Monday – Quesadillas, Avocado and Chips and Salsa
- Tuesday – Ham Sandwich with Chips and Fruit
- Wednesday – Humus with Pita Chips, Turkey and Cheese
- Thursday – Pinto Bean Burritos (there are some seriously good recipes out there)
- Friday – Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
- Apples, Oranges, Grapes, Mangoes, Kiwis, Berries
- Walnuts, Almonds and Sunflower Seeds
- Crackers, Pretzels, Pita Chips
We have been so much happier cooking our food at home. We can control the ingredients and customize them to our tastes. Meal times are so much more enjoyable because they present opportunities for us to talk about the day.
So there you have it! Quick, easy and simple!
What are some breakfast and lunch ideas that you would like to share? Share in the comments!